Dr. Songsong ZHANG
Zhang Songsong received his B.Tech. (1st Class Hons.) and Ph.D. degrees from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore, in 2009 and 2014, respectively. During the Ph.D. studying period (from 2010 to 2014), he worked on the piezoresistive nano-wires, explored its piezoresistance effect and sensing capability for both industry commercialization (e.g. flow/pressure sensor) and miniaturized clinical needs (e.g. neural probe). He is currently working as the research scientist under Miniaturized Medical Device (MMD) program in Institute of Microelectronics, A*STAR. His research interests include design, fabrication and characterization of miniaturized piezoresistive physical sensor, aluminium nitride (AlN) based MEMS pMUT, and neural prosthetics device for neural recording and stimulation.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEMINAS Poster Award in 6th International Symposium on Microchemistry & Microsystems (ISMM) 2014
The winning entry is entitled "Nanowire Embedded Silicon Neural Probe Fabricated by CMOS Process with Highly P-doped Silicon Electrode for Neural Recording"
- Songsong Zhang, Shih-Cheng Yen, Zhuolin Xiang, Lun-De Liao, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee, Development of Silicon Probe with Acute Study on in vivo Neural Recording and Implantation Behavior Monitored by Integrated Si-Nanowire Strain Sensors, IEEE J. Microelectromech. Syst., to be published.
- Songsong Zhang, Tao Wang, Liang Lou, Wei Mong Tsang, Renshi Sawada, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee, Annularly Grooved Diaphragm Pressure Sensor with Embedded Silicon Nanowires for Low Pressure Application, IEEE J. Microelectromech. Syst., vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 1396-1407, 2014.
- Zhuolin Xiang, Shih-Cheng Yen, Ning Xue, Tao Sun, Wei Mong Tsang, Songsong Zhang, Lun-De Liao, Nitish Thakor, and Chengkuo Lee, Ultra-thin Flexible Polyimide Neural Probe Embedded in Dissolvable Maltose-Coated Microneedle, J. Micromech. Microeng., vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 065015, 2014.
- Songsong Zhang, Wei Mong Tsang, Merugu Srinivas, Tao Sun, Navab Singh, Dim-Lee Kwong, and Chengkuo Lee, Development of silicon electrode enhanced by carbon nanotube and gold nanoparticle composites on silicon neural probe fabricated with complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor process, Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 104, no. 19, pp.193105, 2014.
- Huicong Liu, Songsong Zhang, Takeshi Kobayashi, Tao Chen and Chengkuo Lee, Flow sensing and energy harvesting characteristics of a wind-driven piezoelectric Pb(Zr0.52, Ti0.48)O3 microcantilever, Micro & Nano Lett., vol. 9, no.4, pp. 286-289, 2014.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou, Woo-Tae Park and Chengkuo Lee, Characterization of silicon nanowire based cantilever air flow sensor, J. Micromech. Microeng., vol. 22, no. 9, 095008, 2012.
- Huicong Liu, Songsong Zhang, Ramprakash Kathiresan, Takeshi Kobayashi, and Chengkuo Lee, Development of piezoelectric microcantilever flow sensor with wind-driven energy harvesting capability, Appl. Phys. Lett. vol. 100, no. 22, 223905, 2012.
- Liang Lou, Songsong Zhang Woo-Tae Park, Julius Ming-Lin Tsai, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee, Optimization of NEMS pressure sensors with multilayered diaphragm using silicon nanowires as piezoresistive sensing elements, J. Micromech. Microeng., vol. 22, no. 5, 055012, 2012.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou and Chengkuo Lee, Piezoresistive silicon nanowire based nanoelectromechanical system cantilever air flow sensor, ", Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 100, no. 2, 02311, 2012.
- Liang Lou, Woo-Tae Park, Songsong Zhang, Lishiah Lim, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee, Lishiah Lim, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee,, IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 18 no .4, p. 497-506, 2012.
- Songsong Zhang, Wei Mong Tsang, Srinivas Merugu, Tao Sun, Dim-Lee Kwong, and Chengkuo Lee, Silicon neural probe fabricated by CMOS-compatible process with highly P-doped silicon electrode for establishing neuron-electrode interface, The 6th International Symposium on Microchemistry and Microsystems (ISMM 2014), Singapore, 30 July ~ 1 August, 2014.
- Songsong Zhang, Tao Wang, Chengkuo Lee, Liang Lou, Wei-Mong Tsang, Dim-Lee Kwong, Silicon Nanowires Embedded Pressure Sensor with Annularly Grooved Diaphragm for Sensitivity Improvement, IEEE 9th Intern.Conf. on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (IEEE ISSNIP 2014),Singapore, 21-24, April, 2014.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou, Tao Wang, Wei Mong Tsang, Dim-Lee Kwong and Chengkuo Lee, Characterization of Silicon Nanowire (SiNWs) embedded NEMS Sensor for Potential Biomedical Applications, IMWS-Bio 2013,Singapore, Dec. 9-11, 2013.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou, Woo-Tae Park, Li Shiah Lim, Wei Mong Tsang, Minkyu Je and Chengkuo Lee, Silicon nanowires (SiNWs) based NEMS piezoresistive mechanical sensors for potential bio-medical applications, Intern. Conf. on BioElectronics, BioSensor, BioMedical Devices, BioMEMS/NEMS and Applications 2012 (Bio4Apps 2012),PP-11, CeLS, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Nov. 19-20, 2012.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou, and Chengkuo Lee, Air Flow Sensor Using Microcantilever Embedded with Piezoresistive Silicon Nanowires, IEEE Sensors 2012,Taipei, Taiwan, Oct. 28-31, 2012.
- Songsong Zhang, Liang Lou, Huicong Liu, and Chengkuo Lee, Piezoresistive air flow meter with silicon nanowire as sensing element, Intern. Union of Mat. Research Soc. - Intern. Conf. on Electronic Mat. (IUMRS-ICEM 2012), Symposium B-7 (MEMS/NEMS and MicroTAS), B-7O24-003, Yokohama, Japan, Sep. 23-28, 2012.
- Liang Lou, Songsong Zhang, Lim Lishiah, Woo-Tae Park, Hanhua Feng, Dim-Lee Kwong, Chengkuo Lee, Characteristics of NEMS piezoresistive silicon nanowires pressure sensors with various Diaphragm Layer, Eurosensors XXV, Procedia Engineering, vol. 25, p. 1433-1436, 2011.