HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTER OF SCIENCE (ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)
The application process for M.Sc. is administered by the Office of Graduate Programme (OGP), Faculty of Engineering.
All M.Sc application forms and supporting documents are therefore to be submitted to the Office of Graduate Programme (OGP).
Refer to the website of the Office of Graduate Programme (OGP), Faculty of Engineering for the latest information on the application period, application procedure, deadline, tuition fees, university terms, etc.
Admission to the M.Sc (Elect Eng) programme requires a good Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from institutions of recognised standing. Candidates should preferably have had a period of relevant work experience after obtaining their first degree.
The above are minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. Selection of candidates for admission is on a competitive basis.
Applicants who graduated from Universities where English is not the main medium of instruction are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by means of TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
Note for applicant who have not graduate and are still in their final semester of undergraduate studies:
Applications for the graduate courses are open only to graduates at the time of application. Candidates who are pursuing their degrees are advised to apply after they have completed all requirements for the degree.
For applicant who still wish to apply though, he/she will need to submit their academic results/transcript from the 1st to 7th semester in order for us to assess your qualification.
In event that application is successful, applicant will need to be able to submit the full transcript, and the letter/certification of completion of studies, by the stipulated deadline set by OGP. If these documents will not be ready by OGP stipulated deadline, we would strongly encourage applicant to apply for the next available intake instead when he/she has graduated.
We have two admission intake per academic year.
|August intake||Application will open approximately in January|
|January intake||Application will open approximately in July|
TUITION AND MISCELLANEOUS STUDENT FEES
While pursuing studies in NUS, students are liable to pay the tuition fees. The amount payable may depend on the nationality as well as whether applicant have previously enjoyed a Singapore government subsidy or sponsorship by a government agency. Fees for each academic years are subject to review by the Ministry of Education.
Unless otherwise indicated, all fees are payable on a semester basis. All students reading modules at NUS are required to pay Miscellaneous Student Fees too.
Financial assistance is available in the form of (1) Tuition Fee Loan, and (2) limited NUS GSA scholarship for full-time graduate candidates who are nationals of ASEAN member countries, except Singapore citizens and permanent residents. Application for NUS GSA is open for August intake only.
- Refer to the instruction and procedure for M.Sc application (including submission of required documents) prepared by Office of Graduate Programme (OGP), Faculty of Engineering.
- Applicant to make an online submission of details in the "Graduate Admission System (GDA2)".
- Application fee applies. Refer to the OGP webpage on the mode of payment available.
- To print out the online completed M.Sc application form and enclosed it with the relevant supporting documents specified in the “Application Checklist”, found at the OGP webpage.
- All supporting documents submitted in a language other than English MUST be accompanied by an officially translated and certified copy in the English language.
- Remember to sign on the physical set of application form.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Physical copy of completed application form and relevant supporting documents are to be submitted (either by hand/post/courier) together within stipulated deadline to the Office of Graduate Programmes, Faculty of Engineering (OGP) at:Vice Dean (Graduate Programmes)
Office of Graduate Programmes, Faculty of Engineering
Block EA Level 6 Room 16
National University of Singapore
9 Engineering Drive 1
- No changes will be allowed to the application(s) which have been submitted.
- Applications submitted or posted after the stipulated deadline will not be considered.
- Note that all supporting documents (original & photocopies) submitted by candidates will not be returned. Further documentary evidence may be requested at a later date.
- Acknowledgement of receipt will be send to MSc applicant by email or post in due course (approximately 2 to 3 weeks) after the Office of Graduate Programme (OGP), Faculty of Engineering has done the necessary check and update. Due to high volume of transaction during the application period, delay in notification is expected.
For enquiry regarding the Master of Science (Electrical Engineering) programme, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org