NUS offers a variety of undergraduate scholarships and awards in recognition of outstanding academic achievements, leadership qualities and special talents.
Examples include NUS Global Merit Scholarship, NUS Merit Scholarship, LKY-STEP Award, University Engineering Scholarship. Please refer to the Office of Admissions for more details and full listing of the scholarships available.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) is offering attractive ECE Scholarships to freshmen admitted to the Electrical Engineering (EE) or Computer Engineering (CEG) Programme.
Benefits of ECE Scholarship:
- Covers Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy), S$6,000 annual living allowance, S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment.
- Guaranteed offer of accommodation on-campus at Ridge View Residential College for the first 2 years of UG studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year within the prescribed application periods, and fulfils NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation.
- 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’ overseas partner universities.
- Member of highly exclusive ECE Undergraduate Student Council (USC).
- serves as the voice for the ECE undergraduate student body and the champion for student life activities to enhance the University experience of all ECE undergraduate students;
- As a member of the USC, the award recipient will be viewed as a role model to fellow students and a student leader. To assist the award recipient develop his/her leadership skills, he/she will go through a Student Leadership Programme together with fellow USC members. This leadership programme is organized by the Department and comprises of leadership workshops conducted by professional trainers, as well as a shadowing programme which gives USC members the opportunity to shadow prominent senior managers in the industry for a day.
The ECE Scholarship is bond-free, merit-based and will be awarded to deserving Singaporean or PR students who have performed well academically and not concurrent recipients of any other scholarships. Award recipients will need to maintain a minimum CAP of 3.5 and have not been subjected to disciplinary actions to continue to receive their annual awards.
To apply, please submit your application via the OAM Scholarship Application portal. Application is open till 1 April.