WinPIC Programmer User Guide
WinPIC is a PIC microcontroller Programmer for Windows. Its software archive can be found at http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpicpr.html
1. To Download:
(3) Device folder
2. To Install:
3. To Setup:
¨ Under Interface Type, choose JDM(2) for serial port
¨ Click on the “Initialise!” button.
ü The LED on the programmer board will be “ON”.
ü Under Interface Test, the following option boxes will be selected:
(1) Vpp (+13V)
(3) Data (to PIC)
¨ Under Programmer Options, ensure only the following are checked (and do not select the rest)
ü program CODE memory
ü program DATA memory
ü use BULK ERASE (to unprotect)
ü automatic disconnect from target
ü verify at different supply voltages
¨ Under I/O Port Access Driver, select use SMPORT driver (slow but reliable)
¨ Under Other Options, at the MPLAB DEV – file directory, locate the Device folder that was copied earlier.
· Click on the “Device, Config” tab:
¨ From the drop-down list, choose the correct part to be programmed into - PIC16F877
¨ If prompted with the following dialog box:
4. To Program a PIC:
· Insert a PIC chip into the ZIF socket on the programmer board.
· Click "Messages" tab to monitor error or completion messages.
· Click File-Load to open the program Hex file
· Click Device-Program(CODE+DATA) to program the PIC.
· If everything is successful, “Programming finished, no errors” will appear at the Status Bar on completion.
· Note: The LED should remain “ON” at all times, until the WinPic-PIC Programmer window is closed.